Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Makin' it YOU this Technique Tuesday!

I don't know about you, but sometimes when I'm creating, I'm very particular about the papers I use. I always want to find the PERFECT printed paper to use. I can't tell you how many times I've looked for HOURS to find that AH HA paper....and then it hit me

{insert Min slapping forehead and LIGHT BULB coming on here! DOH!}.

Heck, with digi stamps (or regular stamps for that matter), you can MAKE your OWN PERFECT PRINTED PAPERS!!!

How do you do that? Well, let me give you a little crash course - get on those helmets and get those digi or stamped images out. Let's go!

For digi-image paper - open a program like MS Power Point or Publisher. I tend to use both, but I'll show you in Power Point since Publisher is an extra program that not everyone has.

If you want to use this technique to make paper with regular stamps - kind of follow the instructions but you don't need you computer, just your ink pad, stamp and paper.

Step 1 - Pick the 'background' image you plan to use.

I picked the Birthday Cupcake Image from Shelly's Images Store that I'm going to modify to fit for my project.

Step 2 - Adjust the part of the image you plan to use.



I'm going to use this paper for a little background paper for this week's TTT Challenge with the new Happy Hour Images, therefore, I decided to use the cherry part of the cupcake image. This is the point where I crop to get rid of the cupcake and candle. This is where I also resized the image to work with what I have planned.

Step 3 - Copy, Paste, Rotate and Flip the amount of images you'll need for your paper.



I wanted to make sure I had a little extra just in case I wanted or needed more.

Step 4 - Once you're satisfied with the background you've created, print that baby out and get colorin'!
I can't show you the finished product yet, you'll have to be sure to check back in on Thursday for this week's TTT Challenge. ;o)
Give this a try and I am SURE once you get the hang of it, you'll be makin' your own paper ALL THE TIME!! I know I do!

Feel free to leave comments if you have questions - I know this was a pretty high-level 'simple' tutorial, but I hope you enjoyed it and learned something new today. I'm happy to help you out if I can!
Happy Creatin'!
Hugs!
~Min~

2 comments:

  1. This is an AWESOME tutorial Min. And another one that I haven't ever tried. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Min, What a fabulous technique!!!! I so so love this. And a perfect timing cause I was thinking about how to make my own DP!!!!
    Big kiss for you!!!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete