Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hidden Treasures

Hello Everyone and welcome to 
Technique Tuesday here at Shelly's Images!

Today I don't really have a 'technique or tutorial' for you, but rather an interesting little piece of information that I thought you'd enjoy and could use.  

While in the process of using the last sticker on a pack of K&Co. 'girly' stickers I discovered a HIDDEN TREASURE.  
On the backing sheet of the package (seen here) ...
 was this beautiful plaid pattern.  Instantly I thought "WOW, that would make a great backing for my card!" so that's exactly what I did.  I also used the plaid strip I had cut off the end ... added it to some solid pink cardstock and made this decorative panel.
 
 Here's my finished project!  WOW!  Talk about a quick & easy creation ... and I didn't loose time trying to decide what paper to use that matched my focus image! 


So ... my message to you today is:  
Before you toss it in the trash, 
look at it with an open mind and ask yourself ... 
Can I use this in another way 
other than what it was designed for?

If you have had this 'revelation' happen to you, 
we'd love to hear about it!!
Happy Crafting Day!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, this looks lovely and a great way of using up the backing, l often use this sort of thing because its purfect for any crafting and it cost you nothing so why not!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome idea Darlene!! I too do the same thing - Prima has some awesome background 'papers' in their packs of flowers!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,

    Following here too now!

    ~ Barb

    ReplyDelete